Freitag, 22. Juni 2018

1.5 - New jobs, less money

This chapter will cover a longer timespan in-game than the previous ones, because not much happened while I was busy grinding for Simoleons.

Emilio is still working day and night on that Imaginary Friend Metamorphium.
 Jelly Bean is chillin' on his bed, until she gets impatient.
"Have you figured out how to make me real now or not? This is taking ages!"
He also loves to talk to his parents about Jelly Bean.
"So, mom... what if I had "a girlfriend"? Could she live with us until I grow up?"
Emilio is a bit of a strange guy overall. 
1. He's almost always in his pyjamas, I'm sure you'll notice that throughout this chapter and the next.
2. His inappropriate trait that he rolled when he aged up causes him to CONSTANTLY autonomously make inappropriate forum posts. Seriously, I get the message "check back later if someone has replied to your forum post" five times a day. 
3. It seem like Jelly Bean isn't the only imaginary person in his world:
There is no school in town, you've never been to a school, and there is definitely no science teacher.
I said: there is NO school! There are NO teachers...

Eureka! He finally figured out the IF Metamorphium formula!

 Awww. I always love IF clothing.
 She had vanilla face so I gave her a makeover. I swear I took a "before" screenshot but I guess I didn't push the button hard enough for my computer to register :( Anyway, here's the result:
 I gave her cute/doll-like features and makeup because she is a doll after all! She also becomes the primary caretaker of new baby Camilo because everyone else is either too busy or too lazy.
Sorry about the hair clipping through the burrito.

You might have noticed in the last chapter that I was very very close to affording the criminal warehouse. And guess what, it's finally here now!

It's a rabbithole so I can't show you all that much besides landscaping but here are some pictures anyway. I used the Smuggler's Cave from original Isla Paradiso because it's simply the prettiest and most fitting for this world.
The weather stone appeared here, apparently there was no lot in the world where it could have been plopped down before (no free space on salon?), so we have that too now. Doubt that I'll ever use it.
 There's a firepit with chairs in front of the cave because even smugglers need to relax and some decorative relics and boxes hidden insuspiciously behind the rocks and vegetation.
 I put some fog emitters in front of the cave, better visible at night. Ooooh, spooky ~
We're completely out of money at this point ($81) and we are no longer allowed to earn money with Eve's paintings because Eve and Brooks are both able to do their rolled jobs now (Art Appraiser and Criminal - both at same rabbithole). And of course they are starting at the bottom of the career ladder so our earnings will be low for a while.

Map view: black circle = our houseboat, blue circle = salon, red circle = well hidden smuggler cave. Can't really call it a town... yet.
I abuse this short time period of having no money by letting Eve do all the street art she wants to do. Can't pay a fine if you don't have anything...
Let's be honest: despite the Artistic trait Emilio is actually a garbage painter. This is what he paints at skill level 5! The only reason why I have him practice painting is so that he can paint a portrait of Eve (or still-life that is actually a portrait). When/if I build an art gallery in this world I will definitely want to have a portrait of the founder there.

I'm not allowed to sell his painting so I get to keep these treasures. Yay. I don't think I've ever had a sim with such a lack of talent, much less an artistic one.
This here is actually cute as a nursery decoration. Just pretend your toddler painted it!
Speaking of toddlers: Camilo has now grown into one and big (half-)brother Emilio makes sure he learns the important life lessons early on.
He's not wrong. Simoleons are the most important thing in this challenge and I make all the kids learn hard from a young age so they can make loads of it!
Now here comes the bad news (kinda): Emilio is not the heir, even though he's cute. Not because of his lack of painting skills but because he's not that far from aging up into YA and I haven't even completed my Shake Up roll yet! I just need some more time with generation 1 and that's why the younger Camilo will take over eventually.
I do want to move out Brooks as soon as possible, but I need to be able to afford a house for him (even just a very small, basic one); the "kick out" option is not allowed for the NIF challenge.
We have $5,000 after spending some time in our new careers, Camilo is 3 days away from aging, the teens a week. For the next days Eve is strictly forbidden to spray the town, we really can't afford another fine right now.
The house is still $15,000 furnished. We spent all our money on the warehouse! Luckily, owning the warehouse gives up $4,000 per week.

Brooks' new house will be on the port next to us (sorry about the textures, zoomed out too far for detailed display).
It is by far the cheapest, ugliest house I could come up with, built with no love at all.
Don't worry, I promise I will come back to it later (Emilio + Jelly Bean will move in there too when they age up) and furnish/decorate it properly, but for now I really just want to get Brooks out of the house to finally, finally complete our Shake Up roll.
Two double beds for Brooks+partner and later Emilio+Jelly and two cribs in case a couple wants babies (I hope so!).
Here's a pic of Jelly Bean doing the Imaginary Friend strut with a broken rainbow umbrella.
Now, you might be wondering: if Brooks moves out, who is the lucky person to move in instead? Well, wonder no more!
One day we meet a randomly generated papparazzi named Maya Bennett who is apparently a park bench enthusiast.
 Eve immediately dislikes her. So just like Brooks and the police officer who arrested and then impregnated her. Great! You'll fit right in here, Maya.
 "Let's talk about something more interesting than benches maybe. How about music? What kind of music do you listen to?"
Maya thinks Eve is boring.
Aw, they'll warm up to each other I'm sure. But first it's makeover time again because Maya has - you guessed it - the vanilla face (and an unacceptable hairstyle).
Sorry, but that's just what happens when everyone you can meet is just a randomly generated NPC. Lots and lots of vanilla pudding. So I have to edit them before they breed or else I can rename this world Isla de Pudín de Vainilla (or something like that, sorry I don't spanish).

After hours of socializing the option to ask her to move in finally appears.
Eve: "Do you want to move in with me, earn money as an author, build a bookstore and look after my sons?"
"No." And then she vanishes from my lot, despite having no home to go to.
I did manage to get her to move in when I invited her over another time but it was honestly quite the hassle, so let's skip that.

I want to end this chapter with something positive, so here, have some goofy gnome mascot pics of Emilio.




_____________________________________________________________

Skills
Eve
Athletic 1
Street Art 6
Handiness 5
Painting 10
Social Networking 5

Maya
nothing :(

Emilio
Logic: 8
Painting: 6

Jelly Bean
Cooking: 2

Household funds (right after moving Brooks out)
$459 / $27,000 for bookstore (needs writing skill 10!)

6 Kommentare:

  1. I love Jelly Bean! I hope she and Emilio get together and have some kids!

    Where is the gnome mascot from? I've never seen it before.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I knooow, she's cute!

      I can choose that mascot by clicking on him as an alternative to the standard llama mascot! I assume it's a hidden trait like that of other service NPCs because his father is the university mascot.

      Löschen
    2. Ooooohhhhhh that is so cool. I've never befriended the mascot. Usually I just pray he'll burst into flames.

      Löschen
  2. Emilio is just a funny guy with an imaginary girlfriend. Hmm, I think those notifications are his way of saying he really wants to go to school. He's roleplaying!

    Yay for Brooks being able to move out! Technically his kids wouldn't be related to any of Eve's except Emilio, lol.

    Ahh, I forgot that Brooks started out as a school mascot! That's really cool that Emilio inherited his mascot secrets. I love the dance they do.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. That's true, they won't be related to Camilo and his future children!

      Hmm now you got me wondering if Emilio's kids can do the mascot dances too. He's not my heir but I will test later anyway!

      Löschen
  3. Smuggler's cove look amazing with the fog!! I love how you decorated it, it's going to be so perfect there too! How fun, guess you didn't want the volcano from Sunlit Tides, huh? It stands out a bit too much?

    Jelly Bean is adorable and her strut with the umbrella is perfect. She looks so crazy. (I used to think broken umbrellas were a glitch, silly me). She looks like she's having a one-sim protest with all that graffiti too.

    Maya's hairstyle was accepted by me, in case you needed to know that. xD

    The mascot thing escapes me, I had no idea there was a gmone one too!

    AntwortenLöschen