Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2018

1.6 - Household changes

Let's start this chapter with a cozy kitchen fire.
Nobody can really cook in this house (yet!) so I just feed everyone quick meals, but that's what happens when you don't pay attention for a second.

Nooo, not the laptop! I need that one!
Why does everything Emilio touches go up in smoke today? He had to make inappropriate forum posts again...

At the end of the last chapter Maya moved in, who is our author and will also earn the bookstore for us. It might already be generation 2 by the time this happens though. I hope she can concentrate on her writing next to Eve ranting!
I also reaaaaally want Maya to have children because I love her genetics, but I'm all out of children rolls and at the time of her moving in she's 17 days away from aging into elder while Camilo is 18 days away from becoming YA (I did the math). So I hope to get her pregnant riiight before gen 2 takes over and Camilo moves out. That's within the rules, right? The baby would only come when it's no longer my active household!
She's writing sports books, not because that makes any sense for her character, but because those are the most profitable per page. This is not a story-driven legacy!
Her hobby for the "Hobby or Obsession?" roll is fishing for multiple reasons. One is that she came with the angler trait and loves the outdoors, which would already be enough of a reason. Second is we're living on a boat, so I think fishing makes sense for her. And third is that Camilo's partner in generation 2 will have to max cooking and gardening and those skills go well with fishing so I might as well catch some in advance.
Speaking of Camilo's partner: just like Emilio he will make his imaginary friend (Puzzle) become real. I'm hoping for some whacky hair/eye colors!
Maya has found her future partner at the mailbox, bringing her copies of the books she has written. Obligatory vanilla face makeover:
I feel like the first thing I do on every vanilla face is to make the lips thicker. Why are they so awfully small by default?
 Emilio has aged into a young adult. He and Jelly Bean have the world's fastest wedding and then move out into the same houseboat where his father Brooks lives (at least for now).
Sorry, I'm so lazy, I didn't even bother changing their clothes or hair :(
But we'll come back to them later; I have played ahead and can confirm they do make very cute children.
Aaaand this is Camilo as a teen:
He'll be the heir because I didn't want to go into generation 2 so early. He maxed his logic skill during childhood and eventually figured out how to make Puzzle real. Now, I forgot to give the doll a boy/girl name when Camilo was a toddler so up until this point I wasn't sure if Puzzle would be a male or female sim.
 She's a girl! And to my big surprise she's not a vanilla face for once! I kept her like that, no makeover needed. I like the chubby cheeks and the little belly.
Same hair color as Jelly Bean (they could be sisters, really), but this time we got a cool eye color as well. I think she's cute.
Yeah, they're cute.
Since Camilo has already maxed his logic skill in his childhood, athletic is the next skill to work on.
From there on I could go two ways: only max paiting (he needs it anyway for stylist career) and get a police department for my island, or work on charisma and get the school/stadium combo. I'd much rather have a school in town but charisma is quite hard with the relationship requirements!
These notifications came with only 8 sim hours in between. Brooks was already reaaally old at this point so he won't see his youngest son grow up :'(
At this point I'm a little bit bummed that they are both boys again because this town seriously needs some women if we eventually want to have a native island population without always calling for service NPCs!

 This is William, Brooks' youngest. He's not related to Camilo or any of his future children so that's good.
And below is Emilio's first son Fred. Clearly has his nose and lips, and, I believe, Jelly's eyes?
I actually installed some toddler CC hair right after this because I'm really sick of all my toddlers having the same hairstyle...

I ended the last chapter with some silly dancing so let's do that again! Here's Maya and her boyfriend Antwon (mail carrier).
Maya can only become pregnant once because of her age, but since they're completely unrelated to the Adamaz line their future child(ren) will be potential spouses!

__________________
Skills
Eve
Athletic: 1
Cooking: 1
Street Art: 7
Handiness: 6
Painting: 10
Social Networking: 5

Maya
Fishing: 2
Painting: 1
Writing: 7

Camilo
Athletic: 4
Logic: 10
Painting: 2

Puzzle
Charisma: 1
Cooking: 3
Fishing: 1

Household funds: 
$20,767 / 27,000 for bookstore

11 Kommentare:

  1. I'm not sure if it's cheating, but you could move Antwon in with an existing family, get Maya pregnant, then also move the baby in with Antwon. Or similarly just move the baby into another home with cheats.

    Otherwise, I think you could get her a young again potion or get her a fertility reward and listen to kids music. Then she could have 3 kids!

    As for pudding faced Imaginary Friends, if you have story progression from NRaas then for adopted kids, immigrants, and Imaginary Friends it does generate random faces and genetics rather than pudding :)

    Aw Camilio and Jelly Bean are so cute! What are Jelly's traits?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Sorry, Camilio and Puzzle!** it's the hair, man...

      Löschen
    2. Marcy! I haven't seen/read you in a while! Where are the Winterlys at? :P

      I played ahead and let her listen to kids music so she had twins, literally right before aging up (pregnancy prevents aging of course)! The kids grow up with her and Eve in the "old" house and I moved Camilo and Puzzle out to a new one.

      Hmmm, I do have nraas SP but I still get all the puddings. I'll look into that, thanks! Puzzle (who I also call Jelly Bean ALL the time...) has the Unstable trait and because we don't have a hospital yet where she could be treated for instability her other traits constantly change. Right now she hates the outdoors, which is kinda bad because she has to learn gardening! I could use the LTR to change her traits but honestly I find the constant changes to be pretty funny.

      Löschen
  2. I cannot wait for more IF babies!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Me neither! So far they all come without the unique IF genetics but Camilo & Puzzle will have 2 kids and of course Emilio can have as many as StoryProgression wants him to, so there's still hope!

      Löschen
  3. I didn't realize how handsome Emilio is! *o*

    It's funny that Puzzle has a unique face when Jelly didn't. Service npcs are like mailmen, mascots, and booth operators are pudding faced for me. I think register mod could help with that, but I haven't bothered to figure out all the settings.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Mh, I don't have register, but I also don't mind giving sims a makeover, it's fun. Emilio is super handsome, I would have chosen him as heir but that would mean ending the first generation even earlier!

      Löschen
  4. Sheesh, you sure got a lot done this time, looks like you had a lot of fun!

    All the kids are cute, and Puzzle has that 'eternal youth' type of face that's really going to be cute over generations, I think. It's cool how everyone's getting houseboats, as if the're aquatic nomads or something. Thanks for starting us out with that cozy fire!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. And can you believe that the next chapter is already the last one for this generation? =( Oh well, there's still the Harris legacy for those who prefer a slower pace.

      Löschen
  5. I love this & I'm trying to wait patiently but of course... I just want to know when the next one is!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. ♥ Aw, thanks :-) I'll post the next chapter today, sorry for slacking the past weeks!

      Löschen