Sonntag, 15. Juli 2018

1.7 - An unstable personality

Eve is still busy prettying up the port. It's so colorful now! But I make her clean up the new perfectly filled out murals that she's sometimes spraying now at a higher skill level.
They're nice, but they just don't fit the aesthetic of the rest. 
Sorry Puzzle, you're on cleaning duty tonight!
I let Eve have fun on the port until the very familiar message pops up. Plumbob, not again... 
Eve knows what she'll spray on the port grounds the next time she finds a can in her hand. F the police! ACAB! (disclaimer: the author of this blog distances herself from anything the characters might do or say)
But hey, at least the police doesn't seem to care that Eve is making tons of money with her not so legal job at the criminal warehouse. Just keep fining her for some harmless spraying, sure.

To no one's surprise Puzzle and Camilo are a couple now. Now grow up, venture out into the world and procreate!
Puzzle is the first sim I ever played that has the "unstable" trait. She goes through a personality change every couple of days because we don't even have a hospital yet where she could be treated.
 Breathing into a paper bag only helps during the early phases before I know which of her traits are switched.
I remember her first trait change was unflirty into eco-friendly, which was honestly quite nice because she will be gardening a lot and I love the eco-friendly trait for the short showers. Unfortunately, this trait was switched later on and at the time of writing this she suddenly hates the outdoors. Not good at all for a gardener, but you never know how long this phase will last...
 If taking deep breaths doesn't help anymore, maybe switching into her doll form will help?
 Nope. She has thoughts of clowns now. Clearly utterly crazy.
Gardening and cooking are the skills she will have to master in order to buy "her" rabbithole, the diner and grocery store combo. Any traits that help with that would be welcome of course!

On a sidenote, SP informed me that Emilio and Jelly Bean had another child. And it's the first island-born girl, yay! Her name is Kelly.
Nevermind the clothes.

Did you know that you get an opportunity chain at the top of the art appraiser career that lets you paint paintings of any skill level, brilliant paintings, and masterpieces at will? That makes it a lot easier to get specific paintings you might want for decoration!
Last chapter I showed you Maya's boyfriend Antwon and announced that I want them to have babies before Maya ages up.
With her birthday coming closer, the time for babies has come now - even though I have already fulfilled the 2 children roll.
Speaking of children, now that Emilio has two of his own Eve loves to boast about her grandchildren.
The look on Antwon's face screams 'help me!' He distracts her from the topic of grandchildren with... a school cheer.
You guys are seriously weird. But I'm glad they get along.
 Upstairs Maya confirms that the plan has worked out: baby is on the way!
 Or babies? Since it'll be the only pregnancy for her I wanted to go for twins and let her listen to kids music or watch kids channel all day.
 Maya is ok with that. She's still enjoying the silly childish songs at her advanced age ♫
Eve and Camilo who have their own favourite TV channels are not so fond of those kids series. Telesimmies are boring, so Camilo tries to ask his mother for career advice instead. "I want to work as a stylist at your salon when I grow up. Maybe you can give me some tips for the fashion concepts I painted?"
 Puzzle interrupts the serious talk from the dinner table: "I LOVE YETIS!"
Eve: "What's wrong with your girlfriend? Why is she talking about yetis?"
I don't know what this talk about yetis is, but Puzzle has just switched to the Avant Garde trait. 
 She now does the same thing that Eve has been doing every single day since I started the game: critique every piece of decoration in the house.
 Her critiques are harsh. "Ugh, these terrible colors! These messy strokes of paint! And the artist hasn't even included a single yeti!"
It really, really gets to her. Don't worry, you'll move out and leave all those terrible paintings behind you very soon. Or maybe you'll change from "Avant Garde" to "Easily Impressed" overnight before that, who knows.
 I clearly played way too fast here because all of a sudden Maya is super far in her pregnancy and the baby/babies could pop out any moment.
And they do, right as Eve was preparing some waffels in the oven.
She freaks out in typical sims manner even though she had gone through two pregnancies herself.
 That is, until she notices the lillies in the corner of the room. They need a critique, right now.
 Oh no, the waffles! Maya is so terrified that she completely forgets she's in labor while the fire burns. I let Eve grab the fire extinguisher, wondering what happens to the babies now that labor was interrupted so rudely.
 The answer is: nothing, labor simply continues after the fire has been extinguished. Eve, standing in front of the burnt down oven, spots another painting to critique. You seriously have the attention of a goldfish, Eve.
Right, back to the babies. Maya has twins as expected, one girl and one boy. I named the girl Lily, because Eve had to critique the lillies during her birth, and the boy Marv.
But wait, have I broken a RLC rule now? I was hoping that the babies would be born after Camilo and Puzzle move out, but I was in a hurry because Maya aged up right after birth so the timing wasn't perfect. The babies were born the day before Puzzle and Camilo aged up, so they will move out within 24h after the birth. I hope that's alright with the rules, but if it is not then feel free to throw your rotten tomatoes. I just really wanted her to have kids, especially since they are not related to anyone else on the island!
Yeah, just leave Lily on the floor. She'll be fine. I have absolutely no doubts about leaving the babies behind in this house. Maya and Eve will take care of them.
____________________________________________

Unfortunately I completely forgot to track the skills and household funds here, all I can tell you is that Maya reached writing level 10 right after birth and bought the bookstore (Bennett Budget Books) literally the hour before Camilo and Puzzle moved out. We had about 57k in household funds at this point, minus 27k for the bookstore leaves around 30k for Camilo's and Puzzle's new home!

So instead of the usual skills/household funds list, here are the generation 2 rolls instead:
Couple
2 Children
Stylist (Camilo)
Culinary (Puzzle -> alternative income Gardener until diner rabbithole is bought)
Awesome!
Partier

I thought long and hard about what to do with the "Awesome" roll because all kinds of awesomeness I would like to do simply don't fit into this generation or are impossible with NIF restrictions at this point (travelling, anything that requires lots I don't have yet).

But because Puzzle will have to max her gardening skill and seed spawners are active as normal in the world, I decided that my awesome goal will be planting one of every special plant (money tree, life fruit, death flower, flame fruit). In perfect quality of course!
Is that awesome enough? I hope it is, but I'm open for other suggestions if you can think of anything that doesn't break challenge rules. Omniplant is not possible yet because we don't have the bistro(?) to trigger the opportunity (that and getting the opportunity is so random that I would be afraid not to get it soon enough).


7 Kommentare:

  1. Ooo, a Nothing is Free challenge mix. I feel like I can remember trying that challenge in my own time and getting bored because my attention span is tiny xD

    I don't think I've ever seen anyone use an imaginary friend like this (i don't think?) so it's cool to see :D

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Aw, your attention span can't be that tiny if you managed to stick to your legacy for yeeeears (and an eternity to Juniper alone). Thanks ♥

      Löschen
  2. Puzzle is so adorable! Her hair and her personality switching, seems she's just fine being herself, whatever that may mean in the moment. I love the unstable sims, depending on what their lifetime wish or career rolls are. But her avant guarde pose was cute.

    Why yetis when there's nothing yeti-like in game I'll never understand.

    We throw burnt waffles at each other around here, not tomatoes. I don't know if yo broke a rule or not (nor do I care really, it's the spirit of the challenge that counts not the letter of it and you did your best to move them out right away so I think that counts. Plus you have to be sure the town is developing the way you want, right? So there ya go. I would have wanted to see the birth too.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you for not throwing waffles. Right, this town needs more people! Especially if I keep rolling 2 kids every gen.

      I love Puzzle too, I secretly preferred Emilio & Jelly Bean but Puzzle has been an awesome sim to play with so far.

      Löschen
  3. I didn't know about the opportunity chain for art appraisers! That would be so useful for creating highly valuable paintings.

    I really like Puzzle. She's probably annoying you with the trait swapping, but just reading about her she's so cute and random.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Yes! But I can't sell the paintings anyway due to RLC rules so I used it to create specific paintings I liked.
      Puzzle is cute and the random trait swaps are funny, just hoping she'd switch out of the "hates the outdoors" thing

      Löschen
  4. Oh this is really good! I like both challenges! This tempts me so much! I came across this blog in the NIF thread and it's really fun.

    AntwortenLöschen